Micronutrient Initiative (MI) India is a leading non-profit organization working on micronutrient programs targeting child survival, child development, adolescent health and maternal health in the country. MI India works closely with the Government of India, primarily the Ministries of Health & Family Welfare, Women & Child Development and Industries, and state governments and providing technical and operational support through a team of highly qualified program staff at the national, state and district levels.
MI in Uttar Pradesh is committed to improve child survival by increasing the coverage of Vitamin A supplementation and use of Zinc and ORS for management of childhood diarrhoea, reduce adolescent anemia by increasing compliance of IFA tabs among adolescents, implementing newborn care and Infant and Young child nutrition program, in addition to other micronutrient programs such as promoting the use of adequately iodized salt. These programs support government initiatives in the above areas through community mobilization, IEC, strengthening monitoring and reporting mechanisms, addressing hard-to-reach areas, increasing capacities of Health, ICDS and other functionaries.
Micronutrients - Vitamin A, Zinc, Iodine, Iron and Folic Acid, new born care and infant and Young Child Feeding
- Vitamin A supplementation program
- Diarrhoea management through use of Zinc and ORS
- Adolescent anemia through use of IFA
- Maternal and newborn care program
- Infant and Young Child Nutrition Program
- Vitamin A Programme and Diarrhoea management program through Zinc and ORS: Entire UP and focused intervention in 20 districts Unnao, Raibareily, Fatehpur, Pratapgarh, Jaunpur, Ambedkarnagar, Varanasi, Ghazipur, Chandauli, Agra, Mainpuri, Firozabad, Mathura, Aligarh, Hathras, Moradabad, Bijor, Amroha, Saharanpur and Muzaffarnagar
- IFA for adolescent program: Focused intervention in 10 districts (Unnao, Fatehpur, Pratapgarh, Ambedkarnagar, Varanasi, Firozabad, Mathura, Aligarh, Moradabad, Saharanpur)
- Maternal and newborn care program: Basti and Gorakhpur
- Infant and Young child nutrition program: Basti
URL/Website of Organization: www.micronutrient.org