Routine Immunization Programme
- State Level Task Force for Strengthening RI -
- The State has an established Task Force under the chairmanship of Principal Secretary, Medical, Health & Family Welfare, Govt. UP.
- This task force meets once every quarter to review the RI program.
- Besides different wing representatives of Health & Family Welfare Dept., the members include Secretaries of other Departments, such as, ICDS, Panchayati Raj, Education, Urban development authorities, representatives of NPSP(WHO), UNICEF, CARE, Rotary, SIFPSA, IMA, IAP others.
- Core Group
- Core group at State level under the chairmanship of Director General (National Program, Monitoring & Evaluation) provides technical support as well as monitors the progress made on a regular basis.
- The members of the Core group include Director (FW), AD UIP, AD MCH, AD IEC, AD RCH, CCO, Partner agencies - UNICEF and NPSP (WHO).
- The Core group meets every month to discuss and review the implementation strategies, monitoring results and suggest new strategies for improvement.
- Funds and Norms for distribution to Districts under RCH II
- RI Monitoring
- Monitoring of RI sessions is taking place for the last 3 years by Govt,
UNICEF and NPSP.
- This is further being strengthened through intensive efforts by Government and partner agencies.
- At present the State is monitoring RI sessions on a standardized RI monitoring format, which is in the process of revision & developed by the State with assistance from UNICEF & NPSP.
- The compilation of data for each district is being done by NPSP district SMO units and being forwarded to the NPSP (WHO) State RI Cell for analysis and corrective actions.